August 6, 2020
Choosing to straighten your smile is a huge decision and you want to ensure that you are choosing the correct method for your individual needs. Both traditional metal braces and Invisalign clear aligners are great options, but there are advantages to both choices. Continue reading to learn more about these different teeth aligning options so you can pick the one that will benefit you the most.
What Are the Benefits of Traditional Braces?
This is the go-to option for many people, especially kids and teenagers. There are several reasons why many prefer them. Here are some of the advantages of metal braces:
- Corrects Severe Misalignment: If you have extremely misaligned teeth, braces are probably your best bet. Because of the nature of the treatment, they will allow for more moving and rotating than clear aligners. With braces, there’s generally no problems when it comes to these types of corrections.
- Proven to Work: Braces have been used for centuries to correct misalignment issues and give people a smile they feel more confident about. With modern dental technology, they have gotten even better and most of everyone is happy with the results of the treatment.
- 100% Compliance: Even though brackets being attached to the tooth may not seem like an advantage, but it requires patients to comply with them. This makes braces a better option for people who aren’t disciplined enough to keep their clean aligners in all day. This is also why traditional braces are often a better option for children.
- More Affordable: There are many different factors that determine the cost of each treatment, but generally, traditional braces tend to be more affordable.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Every year, more and more people are opting for Invisalign clear aligners instead of their metal counterparts. Here’s what patients like the most about them:
- Appearance: One thing that makes many adults shy away from straightening their teeth is because they don’t want to be showing off metal brackets and wires when they smile, laugh, and talk. With Invisalign clear aligners, you don’t have this issue. They are practically invisible!
- Removable: Being able to take out your Invisalign trays means that you will have an easier time cleaning both the aligners and your teeth. Because of this, there are no eating restrictions like you would normally have with traditional braces.
- More Comfortable: While no teeth straightening treatment is free from discomfort, Invisalign uses less pressure to move your teeth into their new locations. This means that patients feel less soreness with this method compared to regular braces.
No matter which option you choose, you will love the results of your treatment. Chat with your dentist about what will work best for you. You’ll be showing off your beautiful, perfectly aligned smile in no time!
About the Practice
At Katy Family Dentists, Dr. Joey Hall and Dr. Thanh Truong provide a wide variety of services, including Invisalign Clear Aligners. Dr. Hall earned his doctorate from the University of Texas Dental School at Houston and has gained three decades of experience. Dr. Truong earned his doctorate from Louisiana State University and is a member of several organizations including the Academy of General Dentistry. For more information or to schedule a consultation, visit their website or call (281) 398-3432.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.